Thursday, September 12, 2013

What I think about my sons schools attendence policy.

So my oldest son Brandon, and my youngest Sophia, caught pneumonia , needles to say I took them to the doctor and he said they couldn't return for a week. So I kept them home, the school called me every day to let me know they were absent. (because apparently I didn't already know that) and finally when Monday came, and there 6 breathing treatments a day slowed to 2 I sent them back to school, with doctors notes in their back packs.

Can anyone guess what happened next? Well Ill tell you, so I put Sophia's in her folder that the teacher is supposed to go into once a week and I told her to tell her teacher it was there. She is four I figure she's going to forget but at least the teacher would be going threw  it and find it. Ya no, it didn't happen. I had actually sent an Epi pin kit and the note with Sophia in her back-pack the teacher didn't take it out.  Sophia comes home and sneaks her back pack in her room playing with the Epi pins, I have a conniption fit. I send a giant note attached to the color of Sophia's uniform shirt for the teacher, to retrieve the Epi pin and note. She comes home that night Epi pin is gone but note still there. GRRR. I accept that sometimes, teachers are overloaded with all the children in class and they cant be expected to know that they need to check one back pack,  but come Friday I can pretty much grantee that the dag um note is still going to be there.

So anyway Brandon's school took a different approach. Brandon brought the note directly to his first teacher, and asked to take it to the attendance office, she didn't let him. She took the note and said she'd handle it. Brandon was hesitant he didn't wasn't mommies wrath, but knew from detention earlier this week not to question his teacher. So a few days pass, Brandon's teacher has sent a note home saying that she has quit and that If the note is not found within three days of the absence that I will have the fine anyway. I flipped a bitch switch and by the end of our  conversation the women was saying yes mam, im so sorry mam. I like that's right. God Im terrible

No comments:

Post a Comment